it's alright now...in fact, it's a gas

an artist's journal

Thursday, May 28, 2009

been busy living.....

So I received an email from an old school friend. It was a forward, urging me to accomplish it's complete dissemination by July 4th. Full of patriotic platitudes and a cacophony of red, white and blue, it began with a copy of the Pledge of Allegiance in large bold type. In a fit of devilry, I altered it before I passed it along, changing the words of the pledge to fit my memory of Matt Groening's version in 'Life in Hell', and sending it only to those on my email list that I knew would appreciate the humor. Except that afterwards it didn't seem as funny. First of all, I know I got the words wrong. I didn't take the time to make sure of them. Secondly, it wasn't well thought out, and it seemed a trivial reaction. Reactions aren't my strongest asset. Further, responding is a better way of answering. I decided that the best way to respond would be to make up my own version of the pledge to be added to the stream of thought out there about July 4th and patriotism in general. Here then, is my offering.


I Praise Alliance to the Flow

Of the Unbridled Shapes
of Amor Icons

And to the R
eceivers of
which we Share

ONE WORLD

UNDER GUN

~Indefinable~

With Live Berries and Gerbils and All


Hope you enjoyed that!
:-)

1 Comments:

Blogger DJRedLocks said...

My gerbil bit me way more than my dog does. Just found your blog, keep it weird! Dave in Cali

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.